Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Arc-V Cube First Four Sets

I have selected eight decks for representative archetypes that include Duelist Alliance, Next Challengers, Secrets of Eternity, and Crossed Souls. This selection also includes many other sets, and special issue boosters, and even one card that is now only a championship promo. I think this is silly of Yugioh, to have such a rare card in a competitive format. The decks are from TCGPlayer... very useful website I am not at all affiliated with. I assembled this data before the July 15 ban list and that means that the Djinn lock is in this cube.

The total TCGPlayer mean cost as of July 21, 2015 is:
1    $489.37 Burning Abyss
2    $470.93 Nekroz
3    $293.84 Ritual Beast
4    $455.34 Qliphort
5    $574.73 Shaddoll
6    $282.82 Yosenju
7    $392.73 Tellarknight
8    $325.93 Yang Zing

I am excluding Number 106: Giant Hand in the Yosenju list in the price calculation. I plan to replace this card with the cheapest card I come across.

Deck 1: Burning Abyss



Deck 2: Nekroz


Deck 3: Ritual Beast


Deck 4: Qliphort


Deck 5: Shaddoll


Deck 6: Yosenju


Deck 7: Tellarknight


Deck 8: Yang Zing



In later posts I plan to track my progress in assembling this cube. My current estimate is that it will take me three years from today to complete, and that is because I aim to wait for as many reprints as possible before buying what are now very expensive cards. At this early stage, I plan to pull from packs as much as possible. Yes, I know, singles are a better idea, but where is the fun of that!

Here are the multi-use cards. The maximum number is the one needed to build any one deck.